Pages

Saturday 2 October 2010

Slowly Does It

Autumn is well and truly kicking in and as we consider turning our heating on and digging out our winter duvets, we're also looking for hearty, warming food. I know I am anyway!


You can pick a slow cooker up pretty cheap these days - I got mine on offer for a tenner. Having one changed everything for me - I stick a load of things into it before I go off and get my day done and come home to beautifully tender food and a delicious smelling flat.


My favourite thing to put in the slow cooker is lamb - try it with dates, chickpeas, stock (I use bouillon for ease), onions and some Moroccan spices (cumin and coriander maybe). Beef is also amazing in the slow cooker, especially with ale. Make sure you brown meat first though. Try also chilli, Bolognese or chicken with mushrooms.


If you've got any favourite recipes please share them with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment