Pages

Wednesday 29 September 2010

Colour me good

Working from home can be quite isolating, so I'm always on the look out for cafes and coffee shops to work in. I haven't really settled in any one until I came across Add the Colour.


Add the Colour is a new breed of coffee shop that has found it's home in the old parking information office on North Road. The idea is 'coffee, images, colour' - basically it's a place to drink good coffee and tea while surrounding yourself with some of Brighton's photography talents. It's an amazing spot for local photographers to showcase their work and whats more, they often congregate here and there are regular photography talks. It's definitely not just a place for photographers though, people from all walks of life come and go as I sit and work here throughout the day.


Coffee comes from Edgcumbes, I can't really comment on the coffee as I've been caffeine free for 2 years (natch) but the teas are amazing - from The London Tea Company and available in a wide range of flavours.


The food choices seem to increase each week and there's lovely local made quiches and bread of which Add the Colour have a delivery of each morning (not that I spend a lot of time here or anything). There's also some amazing brownie type things, I swear they're taunting me.


Best about this place though is Dan who owns it, he's always got some interesting to say and is clearly passionate about what he has to offer. Get yourself down there and say hello if you spot me.


No comments:

Post a Comment