Pages

Wednesday 27 October 2010

Fig-uring it out

Hurumph. Nearly two weeks of being extra good, no booze and lots of exercise and I've not lost a single pound. 


Wandering round Taj, I wondered what I could cook with my pork steak that I'd bought from the butchers earlier that could cheer me up (and not ruining my diet that I seem to be immune to). And then I saw them. Beautifully ripe figs just sat there shouting at me. So I bought two. 


I sliced an onion, browned it and added the insides of the figs I'd scooped out. Then I added some hot water, a teaspoon of honey and a splash of balsamic vinegar and reduced to a lovely fig sauce (you know what would make this sauce special? Alcohol. Port possibly). I served on top of my pork that I'd roasted in the oven on a low to medium heat for half hour and took a photo just for you. 


The figs produce a lovely, sweet but crunchy sauce. And the sauce goes perfectly with the savoury pork. I served on some crushed sauteed potatoes (Slimming World people - I used Fry Light for this) and with a token bit of broccoli. 


Here's hoping for a more successful slimming week next week. 


No comments:

Post a Comment