Pages

Tuesday 5 April 2011

Pork and cider hotpot

Here at Edible, we try and research as much as possible. So in the name of research, I found myself in possession of a load of root vegetables and some pork. Once they'd been photographed I wondered what I could do with them (you'll have to wait until the summer issue is out to see why). That's when I spotted the cider in the fridge. 


This recipe is so simple and you can do whatever you like with it. Maybe you want to cut some apple and pop it in. 


I basically browned some halved onions, 2 leeks, 2 larges carrots and a small butternut squash with 400g diced pork. I then stuck it all in the slow cooker with some stock and half a bottle of cider. I then added some thyme and garlic and cooked for 5 hours. You can do this in a casserole dish too on a low oven heat, reduce the cooking time to 2 hours though. 


My suggestion for serving? With buttery celeriac mash. Perfect for rainy days like today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment