Pages

Wednesday 6 April 2011

Gardening tots

I think you all know by now that Edible likes to do what it can to promote sustainable living and all that is associated with it. So while I was in Waitrose the other day I picked up a leaflet that caught me eye and followed the link on it.

Basically, the Royal Horticultural Society has teamed up with Waitrose on a campaign to promote gardening in schools. In a world of convenience food and over pasckaged, over processed foods, I think it's extremely important that children are taught how to grow their own food.

Brighton and Hove have approximately 5 schools taking part in the scheme and we really hope to see more getting involved too. We throroughly recommend getting registered and reading more about the scheme. Visit the RHS website here

No comments:

Post a Comment